The Grasshopper zero-turn 900D 1.3L riding lawn mower provides more power, durability and maneuverability than any mower in its class. This mower is equipped with a fuel-efficient MaxTorque™ Clean Diesel Tier 4 Final-compliant engine that burns less fuel per hour than gasoline or propane mowers. The 900D 1.3L saves landscape contractors time by powering through heavy grass at faster mowing speeds while still delivering a manicured cut thanks to the higher torque output of the diesel engine. Replace the front-mounted deck with a wide choice of grounds maintenance implements for year-round productivity. Use PowerFold® deck lift/electric height adjustment to rotate the deck up for easy cleaning and to fit more mowers on a trailer.
Features & Benefits
- Built for Long Life: Robotically-welded, high-grade steel construction and I-beam reinforcement for long-lasting durability Centered-bearing design provides greater load-bearing capacity to easily handle the weight of operator, fuel and high-capacity collector with reserve strength for curb shocks and weight shifts Tough-as-nails powder-coated finish is fusion-bonded for chip and rust resistance
- QuikConverter™ Implement Capability: Add or remove implements in minutes without tools with QuikConverter™ Implement System Equip your out-front mower with a wide range of tools, including turf cleanup, renovation and snow removal implements that extend your productivity year-round
- Minimal Maintenance: Fewer than 10 grease points and easy top-side access to belts and filters 1,000-hour transmission fluid change intervals Self-tensioning belts minimize cost and labor on routine maintenance
- PowerFold® Electric Deck Lift: Standard on all FrontMount™ DuraMax® decks, PowerFold® is the zero-turn mower industry's first electric deck lift (introduced in 2004). PowerFold® rotates the deck nearly 90 degrees to provide easy access to the underside of the deck for simplified maintenance and mulching package installation, plus space-saving portability and storage. The feature also adjusts cutting height between 1.25 and 5.0 inches and controls deck lift functions using a single switch.
- Vigilant Operator Presence System™: Standard, low profile Roll-over Protection System (ROPS) structure with an adjustable seatbelt Dampened steering levers that return to neutral from forward and reverse Interlock switches that shut down the engine when the operator leaves the seat while PTO is engaged or levers are in drive position
- Hydraulic Lift: Hydraulic Lift raises the front of the deck to maneuver over soft or uneven ground and to clear curbs, trailer ramps and other obstacles, operated by a lift switch on the steering lever.
- Wide Stance Single-Fork Tail Wheels: Wide stance single-fork tail wheels provide increased flotation and stability for a smoother ride.
- USB Ports: Two USB Charging Ports
- Electronic Fuel Gauge/Digital Hour Meter: Electronic Fuel Gauge/ Digital Hour Meter
- LED Work Lights: LED work lights provide improved visibility in low light situations.
- Ultimate Operator Station™: ComfortZone™ seat eliminates jostles and jolts with coil-spring suspension and a fully padded, high-back seat, padded armrests and variable density foam cushion. Iso-mounting smooths the ride, erases fatigue and keeps the operator comfortably in control at faster mowing speeds Operational controls including throttle, choke and angled View-Eze™ console and adjustable cup holder are well positioned for visibility and ease of reach One- or two handed operation with QuikAjust Tilt™ dual levers with 9-inch comfort range to custom fit operator's reach. Levers automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position and are less strenuous than riding mowers with steering wheels.
- Kubota Diesel Engine: EPA Tier 4 Final-compliant 77 cu. in. (1.3L) , 3-cylinder, liquid-cooled Kubota Clean Diesel engine with horizontal crankshaft and pressure lube for smooth, reliable operation
- Design-Matched G2 Transmission: Rugged G2.1 hydrostatic transmission with auxiliary cooling fans, HydroGear variable displacement 21cc piston-type pumps and high-torque Parker wheel motors with single serpentine belt for more efficient power transfer to the drive. CoolFan™ hydro cooling system with 7-micron absolute filter for cooling efficiency Delivers smooth response and requires less maintenance, with industry-leading 1,000-hour fluid change interval
- Heavy Duty Deck: Extra-deep, 5.5-inch deck is fabricated from heavy-gauge formed steel with a reinforced anvil edge Specially designed cutting chambers enhance airflow for better cut quality Deck easily converts from side discharge to optional Down Discharge™ mulching or PowerVac™ collection Sentry™ spindles with massive, 8-inch flanges anchored in a 6-bolt pattern, spread the force of impact for greater strength Spindle planes are fabricated from double-layered formed steel laminate and combine with the spindles to form a triple-strength deck to keep blades level and deliver a high-quality cut. Sentry™ spindle guards shield spindle housing and seal lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion
- High Temperature Clutch Cut Out: Equipped with a High Temperature Clutch Cut-Out that automatically disengages the PTO if engine temperature reaches a certain point to prevent engine damage
- Warranty: Commercial Use: 3-year unlimited hours; limited warranty: First two years covering parts and labor; third year covering parts only. Residential Use: 4-year or 800-hour (whichever comes first); limited warranty covering parts and labor.
- Type/Horsepower/Cylinders: Kubota, MaxTorque™, 3-cyl.
- Displacement: 77 cu. in. (1.3L)
- Lubrication System: Pressure Lube/Filter
- Crankshaft: Horizontal
- Cooling System: Liquid
- Fuel: Diesel - No. 2
- Fuel Capacity: 8 U.S. Gal (30.28 L)
- Air Cleaner: Heavy-duty, remote mounted, cyclonic, dual element air filtration.
- Muffler: Ultra quiet, single, industrial type
- Deck: DuraMax
- Mulching Package #: 504569(61), 504571(72)
- DuraMax® Deck Size: 72"
- Cutting Height Range: 1.0 to 5.0 in. (2.5 to 12.7 cm)
- Construction (Robotic-Welded Steel): Tubular 2.25 in. x 4 in. boxed members with 0.25 in. gussets. Formed double thickness hardened steel (0.269 in. 7.6% thicker than 0.25 in. (6.35 mm)) truss spindle plane and (3) Sentry™ spindles and a triple-strength upper deck, 1/2 inch thick in stress zones. Geometrically engineered design with 7 gauge skirts to withstand the brunt of commercial mowing.
- Blades (Tempered, Alloy Steel): 72" Deck: (3) 25 in. (63.5 cm)
- Spindle Assemblies: Sentry™ Spindle System, 2.5 cm (approx. 1 in.) O.D. shaft. Double bearings greasable from top of deck. Spindle head designed to eliminate fiber wrap. Spindle cones shield housing and lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion.
- Spindle Housings: 8 in. (20.3 cm)-diameter machined aluminum housing with 6-bolt pattern.
- Blade Drive: Maintenance-free gearbox with single Kevlar V-belt and idler arm tensioning.
- Trimability (Outside of Std. Tire to Left Trim Side): 72" Deck: 12.25 in. (31.1 cm)***
Starter & Electrical System
- Battery (Maintenance-Free): 12 Volt
- Starter: Solenoid shift
- Ignition: Breakerless, diesel quick heat glow plug
- Interlock System: Prevents engine start when PTO clutch is engaged or steering levers are in drive position. Allows operator dismount without engine shutdown only when PTO is disengaged and steering levers are locked in neutral.
Ultimate Operator Station
- Seat: Ultimate Suspension Ride (USR), embroidered logo, iso-mounted, high-back, deep-cushioned, foam-padded CoolTemp Cordura-covered, padded arms/backrest with lumbar support and coil-spring suspension. Optional CoolTemp Cordura-covered premier suspension seat.
- Suspension: InFrame™ suspension
- Console-Mounted Instruments: Low engine oil pressure, alternator, temperature and parking brake warning lights, engine temperature and volt gauges, digital hour meter, work lights, ignition, glow plug and push/pull PTO switches.
- Work Lights: Standard - LED
- Hour Meter: Standard
Transmission & Steering
- Type: Rugged, design-matched G2.1 hydrostatic system with auxiliary cooling fans, HydroGear variable displacement 21 cc piston-type pumps and Parker wheel motors.
- Filtration/Hydro Fluid: Integrated, replaceable, high-efficiency, fine-particle filter / Grasshopper CoolTemp Hydro-Max™ fluid withstands high and low temperature extremes for 1,000 hour change intervals.
- Speed: 0 - 11.0 mph (0 - 17.7 kph) forward 0 - 6.0 mph (0 - 9.7 kph) reverse
- Turning Radius: True zero degree, turns within own length with counter-rotating, independently powered drive wheels. Seat is pivot point.
- Steering: One- or two-hand operation with adjustable, HydraSmooth™, dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Brakes: Dynamic braking through hydrostatic transmission.
- Parking Brake: Disc parking brakes, one for each drive wheel.
- Attachment Drive: Telescoping PTO shaft with two high-speed U-joints, Quik-D-Tatch® coupler and heavy-duty electric Mag Stop® blade clutch/brake.
- Drive Wheels - Standard (4-Ply Rated): 24x12.00x12 bar tread, high flotation, 4-ply rated
- Drive Wheels - Optional (4-Ply Rated): 24x12.00x12, turf tread, 4-ply rated
- Wide Stance Single Fork Tail Wheel: 13x6.50x6 rib tread, pneumatic (2)
- Deck Tires (4-Ply Rated): 72" Deck: 13x6.50x6 rib tread, pneumatic, 4-ply rated
- Height (Seat Back): 47.0 in. (119.4 cm)
- Height (Seat Cushion): 31.5 in. (80.0 cm)
- Height (ROPS): 69.5 in. (176.5 cm)
- Length (frontmount w/ DuraMax® Deck - Mowing Position): 72" Deck: 120.5 in. (306.1 cm)
- Length (FrontMount Power Unit + DuraMax® Deck - Folded Up): 72" Deck: 107.0 in. (271.8 cm)
- Deck Width (Side Discharge): 72" Deck: 85.5 in. (227.3 cm)
- Deck Width (Mulch*): 72" Deck: 73.5 in.* (186.7 cm)
- FrontMount Powerunit Only (Width/Length): 54.5 in. (138.4 cm)/70.0 in. (177.8 cm)
- FrontMount Power Unit (Wheelbase): 54.5 in. (138.4 cm)
- (Uncrated): 72" Deck: 1695 lbs. (768.8 kg)
- FrontMount Power Unit Only (Uncrated): 1150 lbs. (521.6 kg)
- FrontMount Deck Only - Side Discharge (Uncrated): 72" Deck: 545 lbs. (247.2 kg)
- Mulching Package: 72" Deck: 44 lbs. (20.0 kg)
Options & Accessories
- Heavy-duty Anti-Scalp Rollers: Available for 61- or 72-inch deck options, heavy-duty anti-scalp rollers facilitate faster trimming and eliminate scalping.
- Wide Seat Conversion Kit: Provides additional seating room for larger operators or to accommodate cell phones or pagers. Requires seat belt extension.
- Down Discharge™ Mulching Package: The optional Down Discharge™ mulching package with GrassMax™ High-Low Mulching blades cuts and recuts clippings and directs them deep into the turf, enriching turf and producing a beautifully manicured cut.
- Premier Suspension Seat: Optional premier suspension seat provides the ultimate in operator comfort. Low-profile seat slides fore and aft and includes an integrated shock absorber that manually adjusts to operators between 100 - 300 lbs. Other ergonomic features include a backrest that tilts from -5 degrees to +30 degrees, a lumbar support mechanism, adjustable armrests and a retractable seat belt.
- Tail Wheel Options: Dual-fork tail wheels or wide stance single-fork tail wheels.
- Yellow Beacon Light: Yellow beacon attaches to OPS to provide greater visibility in high-traffic areas.
- Extended Steering Levers: Provides an additional two inches of leg clearance.
- Sunshade Canopy Aluminum: Diamond-plated aluminum canopy is highly resistant to abrasions. Easily mounts to ROPS to increase operator comfort by limiting exposure to direct sunlight and reducing eye strain.
- SpeedTrimming™ Roller Kit: The optional SpeedTrimming™ heavy-duty, anti-scalp roller kit for 52-inch and larger DuraMax® decks speeds close trimming near buildings, fences retaining walls and other landscaping features. Kits available for both left and right sides of cutting decks.
- Armrest Height Adjustment Switch: Used in conjunction with PowerFold® electric deck lift/height adjustment, this armrest-mounted switch controls deck lift functions and adjusts cutting height between 1.0 and 4.5 inches on the go.
- Full Flotation Deck Inserts: Allow for controlled side-to-side flotation of the deck in rolling terrain for a smooth, even cut.
- Foldable ROPS: The Foldable ROPS allows the two-post ROPS to be lowered for mowing under low-hanging trees and other overhead obstacles, or for storing and transporting in enclosed trailers with low door clearance. CAUTION: Avoid drop-offs, embankments and steep slopes. Do not allow ROPS to provide a false pretense of security in hazardous areas and avoid questionable conditions. Always wear seatbelt when Foldable ROPS is in up-right position. When Foldable ROPS is down, DO NOT use seat belt, and drive with extra caution.
- Turf-Tread Tires: Turf-tread tires provide enhanced traction and handling on level terrain. Turf-tread tires are optional for 700 and 900 Series FrontMount™ models.
- QuikConverter® Implements: Every FrontMount™ mower accepts a range of time- and labor-saving QuikConverter™ implements for even greater flexibility and productivity year-round.
- Engine Block Heater: Engine Block Heater helps warm the engine for easier starting in cold weather.
- Radiator Cleaning Wand: Multi-channel sprayer combs water pressure between radiator fins without damage, dislodging packed-in dust and debris that can become an invisible source of engine overheating.
- Side Discharge Control Kit: Control the discharge of the mower deck to avoid putting clippings in flower beds and on sidewalks
- Michelin® X® Tweel® Airless Tail and Deck Wheels: Smooth tread, 13x6.50x6 tail wheel. Performs like a pneumatic tire, but without the inconvenience and downtime associated with flats. Also available for 72-inch deck wheels. Not for use with PowerVac Collection Systems.
- Michelin® X® Tweel® Airless Tail and Deck Wheels: Optional 24x12.00x12 turf-tread drive tire performs like a pneumatic tire but without the inconvenience and downtime associated with flat tires. Provides consistent hub height to ensure the mower deck produces an even cut and excellent lateral stability and outstanding operator comfort. Not for use with PowerVac Collection Systems.
- Michelin® X® Tweel® Airless Turf Tire: Optional 24x12.00x12 turf-tread drive tire performs like a pneumatic tire but without the inconvenience and downtime associated with flat tires. Provides consistent hub height to ensure the mower deck produces an even cut and excellent lateral stability and outstanding operator comfort.
*Models may be shown with optional equipment. Applicable freight, set-up and taxes not included in "Starting At" MSRP. Options and accessories extra. Prices subject to change without notice.See local dealer for complete pricing and available offers